Why do we need FASH?
The current model of treating people in the UK is based on crisis management. In order to create systemic change we need to shift our focus towards preventative care.
Statistics are boring, but here’s a realistic picture:
- Suicide is the biggest killer of males between the ages of 18-45
- Since 2004 the use of antidepressants has increased by 97%
- Addiction rates are at record high, and more young people identify with depression and anxiety
- 3 children in every classroom have a ‘diagnosable’ mental health condition
- 12 million working days are lost each year due to chronic stress
- In 2019 it will cost over £100 billion to treat mental health in the UK
- Stress is now the biggest contributory factor in 5 out of 6 leading causes of early death
“I thought I had everything in check and was managing life daily. But after my FASH training I have realised that I wasn’t managing at all. In fact, FASH has enabled me to tackle things head on and with more motivation than before. Ben was amazing at breaking things down and explaining our ways of thinking. Everyone needs a little FASH in their lives!”
“I got so much out of FASH and found it really enlightening and felt so much more positive and hopeful after being on the course. I think people would get so much out of going on the FASH course – especially if you are super stressed. I’m definitely going to try the 90-day challenge and it would be great to see Ben back at Channel 4 in the future.”
“I learnt so much in FASH. I am privileged to have had the opportunity to learn it. It has already changed the way I conduct myself throughout the day and the way I process my feelings. I can finally manage my emotional well-being and I have a responsibility to take charge of my life and I have learnt how much power I have. Thank you…”
“Passionate, knowledgeable and incredibly understanding, Ben is a fantastic teacher. I couldn’t agree more with the principals behind FASH – too many of us walk around disregarding our feelings & this needs to change. I left with a handful of practical daily exercises and actionable insights to tackle my stress.”